At rideOS we respect your privacy, and believe you should know how we collect data and use it.
Last Updated: April 2, 2020
By agreeing to this Policy in your account setup or by using our Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy. Beyond this Policy, your use of our Services is also subject to our Terms of Service or any other contractual arrangement between you and rideOS.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide Us
Registration and Profile Information. When you engage in an activity on our Services that identifies who you are or how you may be contacted, such as creating an account, signing up for our newsletters, or participating in programs through our Services, we may ask for information such as your email address, phone number, display name, preferences, business name, business phone number, business address, business email address. If you sign up to participate as a driver for programs available through our Services, we also will collect your license plate number.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we collect any information you provide to us when you use our Services. For example, when you email us for customer support or sign up to receive updates regarding new services, we will receive your email address, the contents of the message, and any attachments that you may include. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
Careers. If you make inquiries concerning career opportunities or decide to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience. You may also apply through certain third-party websites. If you do so, we will collect the information you make available to us through those websites.
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information (as defined below), as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from certain features of our Services that rely on that information to operate. For the purpose of this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Information We Collect Automatically From Your Use of the Website
Device Information. When you use our Services, we may collect Personal Information through automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs. By using our Services, you consent to the placement of cookies, beacons, and similar technologies in your browser and on emails in accordance with this Policy. The information collected in this manner includes internet protocol ("IP") address, web browser type and characteristics, device IDs and characteristics, operating system version, language preferences, referring URLs, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
Usage Information. To help us ensure that our Services function properly, to determine how many users have provided comments or opened messages, to prevent fraud, and to help us understand how you use our Services, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the Services. This includes information such as the pages or other content you view, the information you upload, the searches you conduct, the length of time you spend on a page, objects such as hyperlinks you click on, and the dates and times of your visits.
Location Information. When you use our Services, if you allow us, we receive your precise location information. We may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. In addition, we infer the general physical location of your device and the geographic regions our Users come from. For example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region.
Information We Receive from Third Parties
Third-Party Platforms. If you choose to submit blogposts, comments, photos, videos, or reviews on our pages and events available through third-party platforms, such as Medium, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook, we and other users of these platforms may be able to view the information you make available through these third-party platforms. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options.
Other Users and Third Parties. We may receive additional Personal Information from third parties such as other Users or our partners and combine it with other Personal Information we maintain about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the Personal Information we collect:
- To operate, maintain, enhance, and provide our Services, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and to otherwise provide you customer support.
- To understand and analyze, trends and preferences to improve our Services, and to develop new services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative or informational purposes, including sending you communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, for marketing purposes, such as providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you.
- We may deidentify, anonymize, and/or aggregate information collected through our Services and may use and disclose it for any purpose.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our terms and other legal rights, as may be required by applicable laws and regulations, or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
WHEN WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we process your Personal Information only when based on a valid legal ground, including when:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example, to receive electronic marketing communications or provide you with tailored advertising.
- We need your Personal Information to provide you with the services, including to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, such as the obligation to protect IP rights and restrict content available on the Website based on your location.
- We or a third party, have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to personalize our services and provide you with tailored content, conduct business analytics, and otherwise improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We disclose the Personal Information that we collect through our Services to third parties in the following circumstances or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection:
- To our affiliates and partners for any of the purposes described in this Policy.
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is necessary for them to perform their functions.
- If you create an API Sandbox account [Terms of Service], then we will share your account information (including your email address, name, and any other information you provide to us in connection with the creation of your API Sandbox account) with our third party authentication provider, Auth0. Auth0 will store, maintain and use your information for account authentication and maintenance purposes.
- To other Users as necessary to allow you to use our Services, such as to connect Users who use our Services to deliver products to find and connect with Users who are drivers available to deliver products.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
In addition, we may use third party analytics vendors to evaluate and provide us with information about your use of our Services. We do not share your information with these third parties, but these analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on our Services and they may otherwise collect or have access to your Personal Information which they may collect over time and across different websites.
We may use and disclose aggregate and/or de-identified information that does not identify you for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
We do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are reasonably designed to maintain the integrity and security of your Personal Information. Please be aware, however, that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data. It is important that you maintain the security and control of your account credentials, and not share your password with anyone.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of services provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrollment with our Services, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some of your Personal Information, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Sharing Preferences. You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of our Services. You may update, correct, or delete your account information at any time by contacting us at the contact information listed below or, where possible, accessing your account information through our Services.
Marketing Communications. From time to time, we send marketing e-mail messages to our Users. If you no longer want to receive such emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt out via the "unsubscribe" link provided in each such email. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings. However, location is core to some of our Services and without it, you may not be able to use our Services to their full functionality.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
If you are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA") or Switzerland, you may have the following additional rights:
- Request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, to restrict or to object to the processing of your Personal Information, to have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- Withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may exercise these rights by contacting us at the contact information provided below.
INTERNATIONAL CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFER
rideOS uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using our Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 16 years of age, and no part of our Services are directed to children. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Information in violation of this Policy, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can update your Personal Information that you provide to us by contacting us at email@example.com.
We may make changes to this Policy. The "Last Updated" date at the top of this page indicates when this Policy was last revised. If we make material changes, we may notify you through our Services or by sending you an email or other communication. We encourage you to read this Policy periodically to stay up-to-date about our privacy practices. Your use of our Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing us at:
221 Main Street
San Francisco, CA 94105